dimanche 5 août 2012

Be a tart, cook a quiche !

My poor non French people,
It's Sunday here in LA, sun is shining as always, and the Catholic-raised that stays in me is of course feeling guilty : I'm having such a perfect Dimanche, I need to do something for the non perfect like you...

So here is my Bonne Action : 
Share the recipe of the Parfaite Quiche aux Courgettes with you.

Look at her.
She's as blond and Sexy as a (young) Catherine Deneuve.

Ingrédients

A pate brisée
(Broken Crust, best pie crust ever, recipe here)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup Crema Mexicana or Creme Fraiche
2 zucchinis
3,5 oz fresh goat cheese
minced garlic clove
bunch of mint, nutmeg, salt, pepper

Preheat the oven at 400° F



Cut the zucchinis in very small pieces and cook them for 5 or 10 minutes in a big pan, with a dash of olive oil. 

Mix the eggs with a spoon of flour. 
Add the milk and the cream.
Salt and Pepper, Nutmeg for everybody please.

Spread the crust, make some small holes with your fork, and scatter the goat cheese on it.
Add the Zucchinis, the minced garlic and the minced mint.

Pour the egg/milk/cream.
Pepper all over.

Put in the oven, 20 minutes on the upper part of the oven, 
then 20 minutes down.  

Then stop the oven and let the quiche in it.

Voila !
C'est Parfait !
















PS : Just to add up on the perfection, I threw in a little salade de ma conception, with a mustard shallot mint vinaigrette. My boyfriend almost died.



Don't thank me. As I always say, saving people is something like a calling for me.


Bon appétit !




2 commentaires:

  1. hello Cécile, je ne savais pas que tu étais un cordon bleu ! bravo ! à quand le cassoulet maison ? bises

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Ah ah le cassoulet je vous attends pour le cuisiner à LA ! C'est drole en cuisinant je me rappelais d'autres apres midi d'été à Saint Laurent, à faire des mousses au citron après la piscine... gros bisous aux Toulousains !

    RépondreSupprimer